Friday, August 5, 2016

Shakespearean Experiences

Hello, friends! I've had little to post about lately, except that school has now started and summer vacation is over (tear, tear). My new reading/ELA teacher is having me read Shakespeare, and I just finished 'Romeo and Juliet' today. It was actually a lot better and way less soppy than I thought it would be. Except, well, they both die in the end, so even though the whole 'family feud' thing ended, it was a pretty pitiful ending. Next I'm reading 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'. Have any of you read that? Is it any good?

My posts have been pretty short this past couple of weeks, and so today I'll try to make it up to you with a nice long post. Here goes:

Have any of you been watching the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janerio? They started just recently, and I'm excited to see how they turn out. What are your favorite sports? Which ones will you be following the most? I'll try to keep you updated on everything, although if you're watching I won't need to keep you updated. Still, though!

Read any good books lately? I've read lots of good ones, and a great many classics. If you're looking for a good read, try Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, or Old Yeller by Fred Gipson. If you have any suggestions for bookstore read, please tell me in the comments. I'm always open to try new books! That's how I started reading Harry Potter and KOTLC.

Speaking of Harry Potter and KOTLC, who's excited about the new books? J.K. Rowling released Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on July 31, which was five days ago. I can't wait to order a copy and read it! If any of you read it before I do, no spoilers, please! Also, Shannon Messenger releases Lodestar, the fifth book in the KOTLC series, on November first. I'm so excited! I have the date marked on my calendar and a countdown going.

Okay, I have nothing else to write about. My mind is empty! So, check out my other pages, keep reading my blog, stay cool. Toodles!

-Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment